BARNES FAMILY BLOG

We can be together forever someday.....

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Issues....

Okay, so when I was in elementary school, my mom was a single parent (because my dad is a pathetic loser and never paid child support) and always had to work. She never got to be the mom who brought cupcakes to school for school parties with her hair in rollers. My friends were all embarassed that their moms did that, but I always secretly wished my mom would show up at school with cupcakes, rollers and all. Anywhooooo, I feel the need to overdo some things when it comes to my kids....lets say for instance.....boxtops contests at school. When Jordan was in first grade...I dug through recycle dumpsters so she would win the contest...she did!

Well Kaden is having a contest so I dug out all of my boxtops I had been hording (and these don't even count the ones that Jan offered me from her good sale on granola bars..I am still kicking myself for not getting those during our summer visit)


This doesn't look like alot because a lot of them are the size of Jordan's pinky nail, but there were 87 boxtops here....that is a lot!

Jordan thinks I am pathetic and should not use my blog to vent my issues.
NObama `08 (that is from Jordan - she was going to say what she really said about my box top issue and ended up writing that)
After I sent these to school with Kaden I found like 10 more. But I am saving those for Jake's contest! I also get a lot of boxtops from my cereal obsession (Jordan has a few words to say about that too - my 100 boxes of cereal).....
Hmmm...maybe I do need counseling.......

1 comment:

Danette said...

I wish you had posted this sooner. I collected box tops for over a year and found out Keion's school doesn't do box tops. I had him take them to school anyway and see if they could do anything with them. I had over 100! I would have gladly sent them to you. Bummer. If you think you would use them I'll start collecting again and send them to you.